The choices you make in the design of your home are a direct reflection of your personality and the things that are important to you. Some people make certain choices deliberately, while others aren’t really thinking about being fun, welcoming, or vibrant with their home interior. Even if you aren’t choosing your furnishings and decor to make a specific impact, you probably have some preferences with regards to style and color. Examples of some of the styles that you might incorporate into your living space include:
- Art Deco – This style of decor became popular in the 1920s and 1930s, and it remains a popular choice for some. Streamlined, geometric styles have sleek lines, chrome and glass accents, and furnishings with rounded fronts. Often including wood furniture, a good way to create art deco in any room is with artistic wall designs on wood planks. People who prefer art deco are thought to be deep thinkers or very artsy.
- Shabby Chic – Shabby chic furnishings look old, worn, or distressed. The person who prefers shabby chic is considered optimistic, creative, and friendly. This type of decor results in rooms that are casual and comfortable with a light, airy feel. https://www.dianochedesigns.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=Sascalia
- Mid-Century Modern – Simplicity and sleek, clean lines made from materials like natural wood, molded plastic, or stainless steel are features of this design which originated during the 1950s. The popular TV show “Mad Men” has inspired the popularity that the style is currently experiencing. The nostalgic appeal of the furniture and furnishings from this style might be a person’s way of re-connecting to warm memories of the past and creating a sense of security in their home. https://www.dianochedesigns.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Mid+century
- Victorian – A number of styles fall under the heading of Victorian, all of which have a formal, sophisticated, and elegant appearance. The person who decorates in Victorian style might be said to be the same. https://www.dianochedesigns.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Julie+ansbro
- Eclectic – Some people prefer to “mix it up,” combining a number of designs for a look that is as unique as they are. They like a variety of styles and are probably peacemakers. https://www.dianochedesigns.com/bedroom/duvet/stylized.html)
To learn more about our illuminated art, curtains, paintings, and more in the style that suits your personality, call 888-963-9540.